Campus Conservation Nationals (CCN) is the largest short-term electricity reduction competition in the world.
Campus Conservation Nationals (CCN) is a program for organizations to engage in friendly electricity reduction competitions. CCN aims to educate, motivate, and empower building occupants to conserve electricity at their organizations. All Lucid customers - companies, schools, and municipalities alike - are invited to join the program and compete to reduce. It's easy to get started if you're not a customer yet - email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Participants run competitions in which their buildings compete to achieve the highest percent reduction in electricity compared to a baseline period
- Participants run competitions among their own buildings or against other Lucid customers
- CCN 2017 is expanding to allow all types of organizations to join in and compete, from companies to schools to municipalities
- All participants will use Storyboards, Lucid's new occupant engagement tool, to display and share the competition progress and other sustainability information
- In order to properly support the needs of all participants, CCN 2017 will only be open to Lucid customers - but it's easier than ever to get on board
In its first 5 years, CCN participants saved over 6 million kWh, the equivalent to averting over 5 million lbs of CO2 emissions and saving over $500,000.
2017 competition season: February 1 - April 30
- Competition: Choose a 3-week period in the competition season to run your competition
- Baseline: Choose a 2-week period before your competition period to use as a baseline
CCN 2017 Results
Participants saved over 450,000 kWh — equivalent to averting over 700,000 lbs of CO2 from the atmosphere or avoiding the electricity use of 47 homes for a year. See who won.