Building Blocks key INFO
A Building Block is simply a responsive HTML 5 webpage that can be embedded on another webpage using an iframe. URLs for the blocks above are:
After a Block is created, sample HTML is displayed in BuildingOS that can be added to a webpage to embed the specified block in an iframe. For example, the sample HTML given in BuildingOS for the Water Use block above is:
<iframe src="http://www.buildingos.com/blocks/939cf8b3e7d24c65a32f87003ef14d9c/" allowtransparency="true" scrolling ="no" frameBorder=0 width="300" height="200"></iframe>
This HTML is just a starting point. A web designer can embed Block URLs on any webpage in a variety of different ways.
BuildingOS currently includes 5 different types of Building Blocks. All of the Building Blocks shown above are all Numerical Gauge Building Blocks.
Summary of what CAN be customized on Numerical Gauge Building Blocks:
- Block width (Blocks are responsive to size of iFrame they are placed in)
- Title (can specify specific title or hide completely) - coming in February
- Meter shown
- Type of value that is displayed; choice of: total use, average rate, current rate
- For total use and average rate, timescale; choice of: today, this week, this month, this year
- For current rate blocks, can show or hide low <-----> high slider ("relative indicator")
- Units (can use default or enter custom units to be displayed) - will be released Feb 5, 2015
- Background color
- Font color
- Icon - show/hide (icons must be chosen from those listed)
- # decimal places for value displayed
- Corner style: square or rounded
Summary of what CANNOT be customized on Numerical Gauge Building Blocks:
- Font size (this changes automatically depending on the block's size)
- Font used
- Block height - may be coming in late Feb or March
See BuildingOS > Occupant Engagement > Blocks > configuration forms for full details.
Other Building Blocks, such as the Trends Building Block, could be used for the SESI Dashboard project. See BuildingOS for examples and details.